As of today I have been single for one entire year. Here is a list of things I accomplished this year on my own:
- Bought my own car
- Maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout the entire year of university
- Won two city championships and brought home one provincial silver medal in softball
- Played possibly my best season ever
- Visited Ontario, Montreal, Las Vegas and attended Sasquatch music festival
- Lost 15 pounds
- Developed a network of friends in the teaching field
- Completed my first Program of Studies course load and taught my very own class for six weeks alongside an incredible mentor teacher further solidifying my confidence in my career path
- Built new and re-established old friendships
- Made friends with my ex boyfriend
- Attended more shows in one year than ever before
- tried of number of new things and new substances
- drank, danced, laughed, cried, grew.
Though there are a lot of things I’m still working on and there are days when I lose track of how far I’ve come, this year has been one of the most action packed and eventful years of my life and the changes I can see in myself are immeasurable. The world is looking up these days and I’m in the best place I’ve been in a very long time. I’m happy.